Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Nicolas Winding Refn's 'The Neon Demon' Trailer & Poster


In timely fashion, Nicolas Winding Refn dropped The Neon Demon trailer as soon as it was announced that the film was going to be premiering at Cannes Film Festival come May. Many may say that Refn hasn't been on his best game since after Drive but I think the contrary. It was actually Drive, that I did not like and his film thereafter, Only God Forgives where I started to become more intrigued by his new found style and themes. In The Neon Demon, the story follows Jesse played by Elle Fanning, an aspiring model who moves to Los Angeles, where her vitality and youth is the envy of a group of beauty-obsessed women who will use any means to obtain it. Oh man, this is so Hollywood. 



At this point, Refn's electric and candy-pop imagery paired with violently dark themes is singularly his style, that everyone by now should know what a Refn film will be like. All that glitter, beautiful women, and did I hear Keanu?! Yeah, I'm ecstactic and can't wait for it to premiere at Cannes despite that most of the old farts there gave him a big fat thumbs down when Only God Forgives premiered in 2013. And especially with his films, I truly cannot rely on other people's opinions because it's always a hit or miss for me so I shall see when it is released in June! Oh boy, it can't come soon enough! This year just got 100% more gory and nightmarish. Bring it on, Refn.

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!