Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

'The Great Gatsby' Trailer


The Great Gatsby trailer is out already! I dont think it'll be necessary for me to explain the plot of Gatsby unless you've been living in a cave for the last ninety years or so. But just in case you were, 
it's basically about this kid name Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire) who becomes fascinated by the lush and extravagant lifestyle of his neighbor, Jay Gatsby (Leonardo Dicaprio).  Carraway is invited into Gatsby's circle of friends and becomes a witness to obsession and misfortune.

At first I was like what the heck is this? The film is coated with silicon modernity that cheapens the film entirely. And why are they using the Jay-Z/Kanye song from the movie Safe House (2012)? But after i soon realized that the director was Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge, Australia), I'm starting to understand the appeal. Maybe I am biased but if there was one person that could make a film like this with such a ridiculously modern twist, it's Luhrmann and Luhrmann only. Of course, we should still hold onto our doubts after seeing the trailer but it's worth a shot to see what Baz has turn it into. Will it be a Frankenstein or a Mona Lisa? I guess we'll find out when it comes out on Christmas 2012. That is, if we're not all dead yet. 

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!