Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Film Review: Sicario


Year: 2015
Director: Denis Villeneuve
Writer: Taylor Sheridan
Cinematographer: Roger Deakins
Cast: Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro, Josh Brolin, Daniel Kaluuya, Jon Bernthal, Victor Garber
Country of Origin: USA
Rating: R
Time: 121 min.



As you all know, my love for Denis Villeneuve is boundless! I always have total faith with every one of his films that my mind will be totally obliterated after its viewing. Villeneuve's latest film, Sicario follows the story of an idealistic FBI agent, Kate, who is enlisted in a government task force to aid them in the raging drug war that is happening at the border of Mexico and the U.S. With a strong cast consisting of Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin, Benicio Del Toro, Daniel Kaluuya, Jon Bernthal and others, all play a powerful role in this complex and hazy game of the drug war that's a lot bigger than they initially thought.



Emily Blunt gives a nuanced performance that will surely get her an Oscar nod. The suffocating atmosphere permeates at a steady pace throughout the film to truly show the increasingly suffocating and helpless reality we are all living it. It's ruthless in content, immaculate in form, and sweltering bleakness in atmosphere. The music by Jôhann Jôhannson's adds another level of moody sinisterism that's just on the verge of devouring you. 

I did my Director Series of Denis Villeneuve a while back where I rank his films from best to the worst! (If that's even possible!) I came out of the theater just stunned at what I had just experienced. It wasn't what I had expected but immediately knew that after the numbness of my body faded and the full process of this film was felt that Sicario would be considered one of the best films of this year, if not the decade.

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!