Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Can You Feel The HEAT?

I dont know about you but thinking about seeing de niro and pacino in the same screen gives me the chills and the fever. i know they were in heat (1995) together but their legacy has grown since then and they're actually on the same side this time (or so they say). Righteous Kill is coming out next week (Sept. 12) at the same time burn after reading and i hear a movie hop session calling me... i won't go into details till later but i just wanted to share my excitement with you guys... 

and im starting my netflicks on monday even though im utterly broke and burning holes in my pocket. im going to start watching films from the 60s and 70s which include titles such as blow up, bullit, dirty harry, soylent green, the odd couple and on and on and on... man, 68' was a good year for film. movies of the 60s and 70s allowed more freedom to directors who took risks and inevitably became influenced by the political and social generation of their time. they say that when one watches a film, one should immediately tell which time period and generation the story is about. and in those times, thats what directors did.  like the way we were (1973), it wasnt just a love story, but a story that dealt with love during that time which intertwined relationship problems with politics. it's strange but it worked. it got me thinking that if i were to make a film, i would certainly incorporate the period and events and possibly strengthen the story. i completely went off from rambling on about righteous kill to the 60s, odd. 

p.s. and in no way was it my intention to relate the title to the film.. hahah but very interesting that i unconsciously did...

1 critiques :

Anonymous at: August 31, 2008 at 4:49 PM said...

Oh man Righteous Kill is going to be a must watch movie for me! I love De Niro and Pacino.

I love movies from the 60s and 70s so much more then current films. They did take risks and were not afraid to explore much more in depth issues and themes. Whereas now, it's all about the big blockbuster and how many effects they can have and how massive the whole scale of the movie is. I don't want to see fancy CGI or ridiculous storylines, I want to see real drama and real action.

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!