Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Revolutionary Road (2008)


Is this love?

Revolutionary Road is about a young couple in the 1950s living in new york suburbia trying to come to terms with their personal problems. Sam Mendes, who also happens to be Kate Winslet's husband, beautifully crafts a story depicting the static and conformed lives in suburbia. i was enthralled with the reunion of the powerhouse actors known simply as none other than kate and leo. winslet continuously impresses me more and more with each project she pursues. these two actors set the bar so high for each other that you really shouldnt expect anything less than a chilling and phenomenal performance. their passion and chemistry with each other is simply undeniable.

 do not expect to come out of the theatre happy. be prepared to feel emotionally drained as you walk of the theatre. i was mostly depressed for many minutes thereafter as i contemplated about the possible altercations to my future life.And even though i watch many films with devastating plot lines, after i usually walk out thinking what an incredible film that was. but with revolutionary road, i was just DEPRESSED. it was good. it was raw. it was incredible. but something was different. it made me think differently about how i wanted to live my life. i guess the film slapped me in the face and help me fully realize that i should live life as it should be: without regrets. and as i now and have lived my life without regrets, it propels me to live life even more to its fullest extent. with or without love. A

6 critiques :

yiqin; at: January 15, 2009 at 1:29 AM said...

Is it very mean to want Kate to divorce her husband for Leo? That will make my 7 year old inner child so happy. Titanic is the best movie EVER.

Vintage Lollipops at: January 15, 2009 at 11:59 AM said...

I saw this preview the other day and nearly fell off the couch, it looked so emotionally charged!!

And thank you for such a fantastic comment... made my day babe!

xxxx

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse at: January 15, 2009 at 9:43 PM said...

Great review. That's sort of how I thought the film would be...and part of the reason I'm avoiding it. I think it would depress me so much.

Anonymous at: January 15, 2009 at 11:11 PM said...

hi So!! I hope all goes well with your portfolio/applications. God it would be amazing if we could reunite at ucla, since you know, we haven't seen each other in a lifetime and all...

btw i've decided to minor in film! haha so we may see each other after all!

Sam at: January 17, 2009 at 3:06 AM said...

You got me curious about the film. I've never heard of it before, so I want to see it now

STARR at: January 18, 2009 at 5:40 PM said...

hmm I can see what you mean. Even from just watching the previews I think this movie is too depressing for me lol. Very 'story of an hour'.

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!