Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Badass Femmes: Megan From ‘But I’m A Cheerleader’


Badass Femmes is a bi-weekly column that I write on Crome Yellow about all the Badass Females in pop culture that has shaped my life.

Lesbians in film usually fall into common stereotypes feeding male fantasy. There are rarely any on-screen depictions with women naturally drawn to the same gender and not merely “experimenting.” I’d always wondered if going to college was suddenly going to awaken my desire to fall into this same stereotype, and how genuine it would be. To me, sexual preference never seemed like a concrete decision but more like fluctuating wave, something to be reevaluated as life’s ebb and flow took over. But I’m A Cheerleader’s Megan however, played by Natasha Lyonne, breaks the mold in queer representation, being a refreshing example of a teenage girl unconsciously attracted to women without knowing it. She’s also a girl who does what she wants and sticks to her guns.



0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!