Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Redrum, Redrum...


When I heard that there was going to be a Stanley Kubrick exhibit at LACMA, I quickly called the museum to renew and upgrade my membership just so I could go to their membership preview days! And was it worth it? Definitely. I hate paying twenty dollars every time there is a new exclusive showcase like last year's Tim Burton exhibit. So, I decided to just upgrade myself to an Indie Membership that allows me one "free" pass. Sadly, I did not end up going to the Burton exhibit so I had no idea what to expect. 

But when I went to the Stanley Kubrick exhibit, I was flabbergasted by the amount of memorabilia, props, posters, and little knacks they had from all his films from Fear and Desire (1953) to Eyes Wide Shut (1999). Obviously they didn't let me take photographs but CNN did so check it out beforehand to see what it's about! But if you want to wait and and don't want to know anything about it, stop reading now because I'm going to talk about how freakin unbelievable it was. There is only one way in and one way out of the exhibit which is the perfect way to set up any Kubrick-esqe scenario. The first room is the screening room and an introduction to all his films. The same clip is shown on two sides of the wall side to side to one another. But while the left one is just the clip, the right one has quotes from Kubrick and film critics describing their reception or insight to the film. In the middle is the entrance to the massive size room filled with such Kubrick memorabilia as the baby model from 2001, a letter from Sue Lyon to Kubrick, or the typewriter from The Shining. There are such minute and yet important materials from each film that are accumulated in more than five rooms that you will undoubtedly be overwhelmed. BRING A SNACK. Every production note, letter, costume, newspaper cut out, and etc. is presented in their own distinctly themed room depending on the film. The sheer amount of materials will suck you in and leave you dry and by the end of it all, I felt like Shelley Duvall deliriously walking away from Jack Nicolas while he's screaming "I'm not gonna hurt ya, I'm just going to bash your brains in." Stanley Kubrick would do that to you. So be ready! To have the most fantastic time of your life ( if you're a film fan, that is ) The Stanley Kubrick exhibit is now open at LACMA

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!