Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt. II (2012)

#notforever

Year: 2012
Director: Bill Condon
Country of Origin: U.S.
Rating: PG-13
Time: 115 mins.

The fifth and final installment of The Twilight Saga has arrived and I guess it never too soon to say, thank god that's over! I'm not a hardcore fan but have watched all the films on opening weekend to witness the hype and commotion behind the series. Least to say, I get the "hype" especially, when it's targeted at the female demographics which is a saddening reality when teens are fed to think that all guys should be like Edward Cullen.   But blame Stephanie Meyers that ignited and reinforced gender roles to this generation's emerging yet thwarted feminists with the irresistible first installment of Twilight (I totally get it). New Moon quenched my thirst for depressing films that serenaded the inner emo girl in me with the outstanding soundtrack by Thom Yorke, Grizzly Bear, and Lykke Li to name a few.  The others I forget and disregard in the trash bins of my mind. 

So is it a surprise to hear that Breaking Dawn Pt. II is the most brain-numbingly dumb fun you'll have with any of the series? Probably. Bella Swan is finally a vampire who is a quick learner on how to control her thirst for human blood and voila, she even acquires some magical powers. Maybe it is the vampire touch but Kristen Stewart looks the best she's ever looked in all the other four films combined. When it seems like the Cullen clan has everything under control, the presence of Bella and Edward's newborn, Renesmee, causes the Volturi to think that the child was bitten which is a sin in the vampire world and plans to rage war on the Cullens. Oh, these vampires are so dramatic. Time for the Cullens' to gather their friends from the corners of the continents, represented to stereotype perfection to help and convince the Volturi that Renesmee is actually a half-breed. Naturally, the epic climatic fight scene is my favorite scene out of the ENTIRE Twilight Saga. And it is much debated if the shocking "twist" ending is an act of genius or just plain laziness. It does have a bittersweet finale like most series do, But I'm sure I'll get over it sooner than I did with the Harry Potter series. B-


0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!