Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Lars von Trier's Nymphomaniac: Volume I (2014)


Lars von Trier's Nymphomaniac: Volume I is probably my least favorite film of his. Lars von Trier has been one of the few males filmmakers who has focused on the suffering of woman through intensely realistic and brutal portrayal of self-hatred, depression, and sex. Nymphomaniac: Volume I & II. is no different but this time running more than two hours for each film. Volume I starts at the beginning of Joe's (Charlotte Gainsbourg) life of being a Nymphomaniac. If it weren't for the obscene and ridiculous metaphors made by Joe and Seligman (Stellan Skarsgard), it wouldn't have come off as such a farce. I know von Trier is known to be somewhat pretentious and it really wasn't until this film where I saw the pretentiousness. Regardless, I had to finish the movie and luckily, it got progressively better and better so have no fear! Make sure to check out my next review of Volume II! (see posters here...)

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!