Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

First Look at Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's 'Birdman!'


OMG!! What is this! I am been deprived of truly mind-imploding cinema as of lately! So you can understand my overly enthusiastic and giddy excitement when I heard that one of my favorite Spanish filmmakers Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (Babel, Biutiful) is coming out with a new film called Birdman! Michael Keaton plays an actor who, sometime after achieving fame for playing a superhero, sets out to redeem himself by staging an adaptation of Raymond Carver's What We Talk about When We Talk About Love on Broadway. The premise might sound a little wonky but have no fear because after you witness the insanity that ensues in the teaser trailer, you will be surely drunk on ecstasy for this film as I am!!!



Clearly, I am not the only one who was surprised at Keaton being the main actor in this film because we all know, his glory 90's days are unforgettable as Beetlejuice and Batman. AMIRIGHT? But seeing his mental state completely unravel to angry mush makes me all warm inside. This casts is basically compiled of my dream team starting with Emma Stone, Edward Norton, Naomi Watts, Amy Ryan and Andrea Riseborough. Zach Galifianakis is also in it but you all know how I feel about him. This Birdman trailer is absolutely bonkers and loaded with enough special effects that it leaves a bad after taste in my mouth but I'm hoping his usual gritty trademark filmmaking is still intact to deliver us another profoundly universal story. Just the opening sequence alone of Keaton nonchalantly gliding back stage to a soothing cover of  Gnarls Barkley 'Crazy' is an intensely beautiful showcase of the power of Inarritu's vision! (That tracking shot though!!) Either way, I am enthused with this possible new direction he is taking with cinema. Hopefully we see it soon at Toronto or something! Birdman comes out October 17!



Stills (Thx EW)

 

 

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!