Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

So & Arshad Reviews: Dior and I


Year: 2015
Director: Frédéric Tcheng
WriterFrédéric Tcheng
Cinematographer: Gilles Piquard
Cast: Raf Simons
Country of Origin: France
Rating: NR
Time: 90 mins.



I've yet to have Arshad on my channel so when it came down to deciding who would want to watch Dior and I with me, he immediately came to mind as one of my few friends who is just as passionate about fashion and film as I am!  Frédéric Tcheng's sophomore feature film yet again dives into the world of Fashion and this time to show the behind the scenes of the iconic and colossal fashion brand, Dior. Raf Simons who is known for his minimalist style and for being the former creative director of Jil Sanders, embarks on an ambitious and tremendous task of taking over Dior as their creative director. With just eight measly weeks to create his first collection of dresses and suits, Tcheng takes us on an emotional and personal journey of the inter-workings of one of the biggest fashion brands in the world. 



Daphne Merkin of Elle Magazine said Dior and I was "simply the best movie about fashion I've seen!" And before you think that is an over-statement, just watch the trailer to get a glimpse of what is in store for you. Exceptionally constructed and directed, this story goes beyond the superficial glitz and glam of the fashion world to show an universal and intimate story about Raf Simons, the seamstresses, the models, and even Christian Dior himself that emotionally resonants with everyone. Arshad and I are madly in love with this film not only for its breathtaking visuals but for showcasing a truly inspiring and humanistic story about dreaming and achieving your wildest dreams. 

See the full spectacular runway show. 


Follow Arshad
YouTube
 // Website
 // Blog // Facebook // Twitter 

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!