Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Single-Shot Film 'Victoria' Trailer & Poster


I have no idea how I heard about this film but I can't stop thinking about it! Victoria is a German film by actor turned filmmaker, Sebastian Schipper that premiered at this year's Berlinale Film Festival where it won the Silver Bear for Outstanding Artistic Contribution for Cinematography. For the film to receive that award makes sense considering how Victoria was completely shot in a SINGLE TAKE! It's none of that fake Birdman stunts but wholly kinetic and frenetic experience that needs to be seen especially in theaters! Victoria is about a Spanish runaway party girl who meets three friendly men on her night out on the town. Their wild night of partying quickly turns into a criminal adventure. That premise alone is enough to get me to watch but wait till you see the footage below!



The film was shot in one single long take by Sturla Brandth GrΓΈvlen from 4:30 to 7:00, across 22 locations, in the Friedrichstadt neighborhood with the script consisting of merely twelve pages while the rest of the dialogued was improvised. That is truly impressive filmmaking at it's best! It's made it's festival rounds around the world and even debuted in America at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Film Festival but I CANNOT WAIT to see when this film is released in LA. I'm a total sucker for cinema verite style filmmaking, especially in the form of long takes! With the story consisting of late night debauchery of crime, drugs, booze and with a female lead, sign me right up! Till it comes out, I'll just be here cracking my knuckles and impatiently waiting.

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!