Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Badass Femmes: Alex Munday of 'Charlie's Angels'


Badass Femmes is a bi-weekly column that I write on Crome Yellow about all the Badass Females in pop culture that has shaped my life.

As an asian girl growing up in the early 2000’s, I was fortunate enough to see the start of Asian American culture represented in popular media; naturally, I gravitated towards women like Lucy Liu and Margaret Cho. Since I didn’t discover Cho till much later, Liu was the first Asian woman that caught my attention on screen as Alex Munday in McG’s Charlie’s Angels. As an iconic group of female spies, Charlie’s Angels were monumental figures within pop culture and it was radical to see a Chinese American woman take over a predominately white role. Alex’s character defies all standards and expectations, mildly rooted in stereotypes but ultimately pioneering the face of a growing Asian American community that was famished to see representation.

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!