Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Happy New Years 2017!


2016 was a whirlwind of a year, in terms of films and real life events alike. And it seems like we need films now more than ever to empower and share our important and untold stories. Because if there's one thing in this world that can change perspectives, it's films! 

This year, I put So's Reel Thoughts on the back burner for once in pursuit of transitioning from a film critic to a filmmaker. I released the 5th episode of the Girl Talk Series and made 2 shorts (here & here). Sadly, it seemed like I would eventually have to shift my total focus to creating more films instead of talking about them if I ever wanted to become a better filmmaker. It's only realistic to wholly invest all my time in one passion if I sincerely want it to happen but is it? Could being both a film critic and a filmmaker be possible? I'm hoping to find out in 2017!

My baby, So's Reel Thoughts is turning 9-years-old this year and that's no small feat! This blog chronicled my ever-evolving film taste through the good, the bad, and the ugly. But nevertheless, offered an fresh and honest perspective that is seems so desperately needed in our pre-dominantly white landscape of film criticism. It's brought me incredible opportunities and joy so why stop? Hence why, I'm excited to continue and expand by bringing new voices (Holla SRT Gang!) so we can talk about Badass Cinema. All day. Everyday.

Now, don't think I forgot, my Top 10 Films of 2016 is coming very soon! (I bet you can guess what's on it!) All in all, 2016 was one for the books! And last but not least, I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for tuning in and sharing your love of cinema with me. Love & peace to you all. <33

XOXO,
So

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!