Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

First Look: Michel Gondry's Mood Indigo

I'm so late on this! I've been interning at the Look East Festival so I've been swamped and haven't had time to blog! I had no idea Michel Gondry was coming out with two films! As I mentioned before that he is coming out with a coming-of-age film 'The We and the I' that has more of a documentary feel contrary to his usual quirky, surreal, and  fanstasy infused stories he is known for. Well, have no fear because he's back. I mean look at the image below, is that a floating car or an amusement park ride? Either or, I need more Gondry in my life.

I've been getting the stills from different sources and at the first site, there was this orange tint that gave the film a similar tone much like Jean-Pierre Jeunet's films. But after seeing the original stills from a French film site, it seems as though they were edited. These stills are the real deal!













Gondry's Mood Indigo is based on Boris Vian's 1947 novel "L'Ecume des Jours" (or "Froth on the Daydream"), stars Audrey Tautou as Chloe, a woman who marries an inventor but falls ill during her honeymoon due to a water lily that emerges her lung, and the only possible way to treat the sickness is to surround her with fresh flowers, a sacrifice that soon wipes out his funds. The cast includes Omar Sy, Jamel Debbouze, Romain Duris, Gad Elmaleh, Alain Chabat and Aissa Maiga. Regardless of it just being a story of a woman whose lungs are inundated with a flower, the stills sure looks beautiful. It's the usual idiosyncratic story that Gondry is known for that is sure to bring joy and heartache to his audience. It's called L'ecume des jours in French and there is no certain release date out yet, so watch out for it!

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!