Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Introducing Doona Bae...

Cloud Atlas is coming out this week and if you've seen the trailer and wondered who the Asian girl was, have no fear. I was quite surprise when directors Tom Tykwer and the Wachowski brothers decided to use South Korea's Bae Doona known as Doona Bae in America in their upcoming film. I first saw her back in 2000 in a Korean drama called RNA which had the creep factor of The Ring (2002). Then again in Bong Joon-Ho's debut film, Barking Dogs Never Bite (2000). I did not think much of her until she was in Park Chan-Wook first installment of his Vengeance Trilogy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002). She played Yeong-mi, the girlfriend of the deaf protagonist, Ryu, and a member of the underground anarchist organization. She was the first representation of a feminist I've ever seen in a Korean film. It was refreshing to see a new kind of female character which gave her performance in every scene an invigorating look that displayed her unrelenting dedication to this role. She reunited with Bong Joon-Ho for The Host (2006) which debuted with soaring box office numbers and critical acclaim alike. So, I guess with all these blockbusters under her belt, I shouldn't be surprised that she is cast in Cloud Atlas but I am. Now, that you're acquainted with her filmography, here's a sneak peek look at her in one of the most anticipated film of this fall! Cloud Atlas comes out October 26











0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!