Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

David Fincher's 'Gone Girl' Poster & Trailer


I AM LIT.ER.ALLY. GOING BONKERS RIGHT NOW!!! Gillian Flynn's best-selling novel, Gone Girl is one of my all-time favorite books and so when I heard that David Fincher was adapting it to screen, I almost collapsed from excitement! Here we are a few months and the first poster and trailer has arrived! The trailer only shows vague snapshots of the story which seems very similar to how the trailer for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was constructed and feels. It showcases classic moody Finchian filmic traits with its green tones, dark mystery themes, and of course, (unrealistically) beautiful people over Elvis Costello's "She" that is so fitting and yet so distracting. 

Gone Girl is a thriller tale of a woman (Rosamund Pike) who disappears on her fifth wedding anniversary, with all the evidence pointing to her husband, Nick (Ben Affleck). As much as I adore Fincher as much as the next film lover, after I saw what he did with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I wasn't so sure how his rendition of Gone Girl would be. But knowing that not only is Flynn writing the screenplay but willing to slaughter he beloved characters to make an entirely different ending, really cemented my undying love and determination to see this film. And from the looks of the trailer, is Amazing Amy  going to live or die at the end. We will only find out on Oct 3!

P.S. I never thought I would watch another Ben Affleck movie ever again. But I guess he is the right man for the job, likeable but also very smug. Rosamund Pike was puuuuurfectly cast for this role, I cannot wait!

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!