Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Mike Cahill's 'I Origins' Poster & Trailer


The first trailer of Mike Cahill's I Origins starring Michael Pitt, Brit Marling, Steven Yeun, and Astrid Berges-Frisbey has arrived! I haven't heard much about it since it premiered at Sundance earlier this year but like Another Earth, it took home the Alfred P. Sloan Feature Film Prize, an award that focuses on science or technology as a theme or depicts a scientist, mathematican, or engineer as a major character. Cahill reunites with Marling once again after they collaborated on his directorial debut film Another Earth which I haven't watched yet but considering how it seems like Cahill likes focusing on the realistic yet fantasy aspects of the world, I am intrigued to see how I Origins will be. If it was any other filmmaker, I would scoff at this incredibly far-fetched premise but somehow, Cahill adds the human element to this story that kind of reminds me of Terrence Malick's To The Wonder with a mixture of science fiction, obviously. I Origins comes out on July 18!

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!