Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Gregg Araki's 'White Bird in a Blizzard' Poster & Trailer


As a long time Gregg Araki fan, I can tell you that I am overly excited for White Bird in a Blizzard to arrive. Although, Shailene Woodley is like the new Jennifer Lawrence and have inundated the Independent and mainstream film scene to the point of nausea, but I am interested in seeing her range as a troublesome teenager who, like the trailer, shows her indulging in some sexual activities amongst other things. This is quite an explosive trailer that exposes many hidden secrets within Kat's (Shailene Woodley) family when her mother Eve (Eva Green), suddenly disappears one day. Araki hasn't come out with a film since 2010 with Kaboom so I am elated to finally see another film by him. I'm also hoping they release another poster because the one above makes it seem like a sappy Nicholas Sparks romance film. Come on, you can do better than that. 


Araki is no ordinary Independent filmmaker that just dabbles in teenage coming-of-age stories but one who actively pushes the boundaries of conventional story-lines and characters to highlight the dark aspects of youth. Without a doubt, his masterpiece film Mysterious Skin starring Joseph Gordon Levitt is one of my favorite films of all time that is one of the most important and haunting LGBT film I have ever seen. JGL is mesmerizing in the film that'll leave you taunted and spellbound. And I am sure White Bird in a Blizzard comes will have the same effect! Gabourey Sidibe is also in it so it has to be good! Be sure to mark your calendar, the film comes out on VOD September 25 and in theaters October 24!

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!