Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Badass Femmes: Eva From ‘We Need To Talk About Kevin’


Badass Femmes is a bi-weekly column that I write on Crome Yellow about all the Badass Females in pop culture that has shaped my life.

When I first watched Lynne Ramsay’s unnerving We Need to Talk about Kevin, it was merely a week after the horrific 2012 Aurora theater shooting. You can imagine my shock when the real life event crossed over into the terrible events of the film, which features a mother coping with a terrible school massacre committed by her son. Fast-forward to present day where I’m in my mid-twenties and all of my peers seem to be getting married or having babies. With the myriad of films about marriage and children this year (Gone Girl, Force Majeure, The Babadook to name a few), it seems as though the idea of marriage and motherhood is feverishly taunting me, knowing that I’m nowhere near that point in my life. With that in mind, I decided to revisit We Need to Talk about Kevin, because of it’s exploration of nature vs. nurture and the “shocking” notion that not every woman may have the maternal gene that society likes to project.

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!