Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Four Unused Posters for Spike Lee's 'OldBoy'



I'm late on this but check out these unused posters for Spike Lee's remake of Park Chan-wook's classic film, OldBoy. Although,  I had been very skeptical of the remake considering that I hold the original film very close to my heart, but Artist Juan Luis Garcia's designs evoke the eerie and desperation that the film entails. I am currently reading the OldBoy manga and knowing that there are various differences from the book to Park's film, it gives me a sprinkle of hope to know that Lee will try to adapt more of the comic than the South Korean version. I would've loved if they made the official poster any one of the above but they chose the one below. Not bad eh? Spike Lee's OldBoy comes out November 27

4 critiques :

Anonymous at: November 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM said...

When will you see it? I'm interested in seeing your review. I also loved the original but i have faith with this one.

SO. at: November 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM said...

I will see it next week when it comes out! I am excited for it too. I was really skeptical and really pessimistic about it cause I LOVE PARK's version, but after reading some of the manga, I have a little hope. So we shall see!

Dave at: November 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM said...

here is ch min sik's opinion on the remake

Dr. Colette Balmain: I wanted to ask about Oldboy: When I showed Oldboy to my students, I think it resonated with them more than any other film I’ve ever taught. There’s something in Oldboy that is very Korean but it’s also universal as well – there is something that speaks outside of Korea in a very direct way. Given that and given the remake that’s about to come out, how do you feel about remakes of Korean films? And I know many of my students are horrified that Oldboy is being remade, even by Spike Lee.
Today at lunch, I was at the headquarters of Universal which shot the remake of ‘Oldboy’ and they had a very “sorry” attitude towards me [Choi Min-sik laughs]. I had huge expectations for the film and to have Josh Brolin, who I consider to be an excellent actor, play my role I felt was extremely positive but when I told them I was full of expectations they replied that I really shouldn’t have high expectations for the film at all. However, I think they were being very modest and I think they were just treating me with according respect as the actor who was in the original film. I am very expectant of how the remake will be, I’m greatly anticipating it and I think it will be very interesting to see how a different culture interprets the story.
source:http://www.easternkicks.com/features/not-such-an-oldboy-after-all-an-interview-with-choi-min-sik

Dave at: November 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM said...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/movies/2013/11/17/director-original-oldboy-spike-lee-fan/YzrDYEbSflFouKPkPbHQVN/story.html

Here is parks opinion apparently he is a spike lee fan.

I also implore you to run down some of spike's films i know his self founded one, Red Hook is on netlix.(surprisingly good)

For film more in line with oldboy try 25th hour or inside men.

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!