Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

Love It / Hate It: Short Term 12 (2013)


Love It / Hate It is a new segment I'm doing on every Wednesday in the month of Sept where Kristen Sales of Sales on Film and I discuss films we hate or love! 

This week Kristen and I discuss the indie hit film Short Term 12 directed by Destin Daniel Cretton. Short Term 12 is one of the rare films that I did not actually like. In terms of story, filmmaking, direction, it was all superbly done and I applaud them for making this film. My particular gripe about the film that is mostly prompted by personal preference in the fact that some of the character's acting abilities and general pouty attitude was something I was not fond of. Their sour attitude eventually contributed to the lack of emotional weight I felt towards the characters and it made the film feel like an after school special. Kristin like always, makes some valid points so it was refreshing to hear her thoughts. I don't doubt Cretton's directing abilities but I hope his next film will be able to create a more heartening story that will hit straight into my black heart.

KRISTEN LOVED IT / I HATED IT



Watch out for the New York Series premiering Oct. 6!

Follow Kristen Sales:

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!