Featured Post

IVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!

New York Series: 'Cecil B. Demented' Screening


It's MONDAY! That means another episode of my New York Series! I went to New York a month ago, exactly at the right time The Lincoln Center was holding their complete John Waters retrospective showcasing fifty years of his work from Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble, Hairspray, Polyester, and so so so much more! Luckily, I was able to catch Cecil B. Demented which is one of the most hilarious and best films for cinephiles all around! The film is about an insane independent film director and his renegade group of teenage filmmakers who kidnap an A-list Hollywood actress and force her to star in their underground film. Yeah, the premise is really that insane and that GOOD!

I watched it when I was in college and was dumbfounded that I had not known about the film previously! This is the film where Maggie Gyllenhaal, Adrian Grenier, Michael Shannon really got their start and you can clearly see how deep IN IT they are for independent cinema! I had so much fun watching this film with Jennifer & Nicole and you can also see how mental they feel for this film! I wanted to list a couple of films that are about cinephiles like this one but the only one I could really think of at the moment is Sion Sono's Why Don't You Play in Hell and Cinema Paradiso! I feel like the worst cinephile not being able to name more than two films but here you go! Be sure to let me know your favorite John Waters film! I def need to get my hands on Female Trouble


Previous Episode: Spotlight on Film Critic Monica Castillo // Next Episode: Trip to Museum of Moving Images! 

0 critiques :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for visiting my site. youre freaking awesome!